25 year Limited Warranty Permadeck Latitudes™ Decking
Permadeck Ltd (the “Warrantor”) is pleased to extend this Warranty to you, the original Consumer of the Latitudes Permadeck product. ThisWarranty is valid for original Consumers of Permadeck Decking in standard residential dwellings and may not be assigned or transferred by you.
25-YEAR STRUCTURAL LIMITED WARRANTY
Warrantor will, at its option, either replace or refund the appropriate prorated portion of the purchase price as set forth in the “Prorated Refund Schedule” below for any Permadeck Decking product used in a residential decking or fencing application that splinters, corrodes or becomes structurally unfit due to rot, split, warp, cupping or damage caused by termites or fungal decay within 25 years from the date of purchase.
25-YEAR REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT WARRANTY
If Permadeck Decking is proven to be defective and eligible for replacement or refund under the terms of this Warranty and was installed in strict accordance with the installation instructions, Warrantor will provide, in addition to replacement product or a prorated refund of the purchase price, a prorated portion of the reasonable and customary costs associated with installing replacement products, including removal and disposal of defective products (“Replacement Costs”). Replacement Costs will be prorated as set forth in the “Prorated Refund Schedule” and based on the reasonable and customary Replacement Costs on the date of the original purchase. This amount shall not be adjusted for inflation. Replacement Costs shall not include the cost of permits required or obtained in connection with installing replacement products.
LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTY
Mold and mildew can settle and grow on any outdoor surface and, if not properly cleaned, can stain that surface.
This warranty does not cover staining, colour variations or fading.
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights under New Zealand consumer law.
This Warranty does not cover any product that:
- Is damaged by physical abuse, acts of God, acts of war, or other chemical or biological factors..
- Has not been installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation guidelines and local building codes.
- Has been abused, placed under or subjected to abnormal residential-use conditions or has surface damage or surface punctures.
- Has been painted, coated, used, modified or otherwise treated in any manner other than as intended by Warrantor.
- Has been directly or indirectly exposed to extreme heat (in excess of 700 Celsius).
Failure to follow any restrictions or warnings supplied with the product shall make the Warranty null and void and of no further effect. Warrantor reserves the right to investigate any claim and to inspect the materials for which a claim is made. Any construction or use of this product must be in accordance with all building codes. The Consumer assumes all risk and liability associated with the construction or use of this product. The Consumer or contractor should take all necessary steps to ensure the safety of everyone involved in the project, including, but not limited to, wearing the appropriate safety equipment.
To make a claim under this Warranty, the Consumer must, within ninety (90) days of actual or constructive notice of damage covered by thisWarranty, do the following:
1. Prepare a letter that includes the following information:
- A list of the number of pieces and the size of each piece for which the claim is made.
- Proof of Purchase of the product, as shown on the original invoice or receipt.
- Proof of Warranty, as evidenced by the original UPC or end-tag from the product, or a copy of the mark on the product.
2. Mail the above information to:
PO Box 14 136
Tauranga Mail Centre
PRORATED REFUND SCHEDULE
|Years since purchase||Percent purchase price covered|
|Years 1 - 6||100%|
|Years 7 - 10||80%|
|Years 11 – 14||60%|
|Years 15 – 18||40%|
|Years 19 – 21||20%|
|Years 22 - 25||10%|
THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF WARRANTOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OF THE PRODUCT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
To find out more about Permadeck Composite Wood decking solutions, please contact our knowledgeable team by emailing:firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 0800 952 952